This is what really gets us excited. Fingers dark with graphite. Layers of trace paper. Ideas that exist more in our mind than on paper but that come to life through conversation, sketching, wadded up discarded drafts, then… it starts to feel right. A great week of seeing dreams become real.
Vote Stonewood for “Best of Lake Minnetonka”
Please think of Stonewood when voting for the 2017 Best of Lake Minnetonka Awards.
All you have to do is vote for a minimum of 5 categories, and when you get to BUILDER, select the bubble for STONEWOOD! Less than two weeks until voting is closed- we’d appreciate the support!
Click HERE to be taken to the survey. Thanks!
Initially, part-time position (building to full time eventually) to support the Finance Manager with handling client payment requests, input contractor & vendor invoices across two companies – A custom home builder and a residential remodeling contractor.
Will also support other bookkeeping responsibilities such as processing bank statements, credit card statements, general accounts payable and insurance reporting.
· Enter all sub/vendor invoices into Quickbooks & Build Tools; verify against POs in related software
· Prepare monthly folders with job invoices for project manager review every Monday
· Prepare checks & lien waivers for all subs/vendors that give prompt pay discounts
· Compile monthly invoices into project draw folders and prepare draws & payee lists
· Collect final lien waivers and scan job folders at end of each project as needed
General Admin Invoices
· Weekly write checks for administrative invoices that are due
· Reconcile monthly bank statements in Quick Books
Credit Card Statements
· Match up receipts with credit card statement
· Enter credit card charges into spreadsheet & then into Quick Books
· Reconcile credit card statements in QB
· Make credit card payments on line
Maintain subcontractor documentation
• Insurance certificates – keep updated and scanned
• Subcontractor contract agreements
· Complete Builders Risk project worksheet showing new starts and jobs in progress
· Submit worksheets monthly to Insurance company
This position will eventually grow to full time, replacing the Finance Manager & related responsibilities.
Familiarity with Quickbooks, Excel, working knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices, detail focused, human resources experience a plus, general office management and organizational skills
Check out more info regarding this job: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/264620915
‘Dedicated Spaces’ Feature in Custom Builder Magazine
This is a fun article about dedicated spaces designed specifically for the unique needs of our clients. From built-in bunk beds on a 3rd level, to a kid friendly craft room, we’ve done some pretty fun spaces.
Turn the page, and you’ll find some great info on our good friend Gus Rubio of Gabriel builders – one of our partners in the NAHB Builder 20 High Ender’s program. Gus is one of the finest builders in the nation. Check out his website: www.gabrielbuilders.com